Thursday, October 24, 2013

Character Evolution part 1

I was hoping to be a lot further along on this project by now, but it's Thursday and I don't really have anything else to talk about. Actually no, I do have something to share soon, but not yet. You all will have to wait in suspense. (bwah ha ha!!)

Anyway, this is a character idea I've been playing around with for a week or two. I'm not 100% happy with her design yet, but I thought it might be neat to see some of the "character exploration" drawings.


Here's my first doodle. It was just an attempt to visualize what I knew about the character starting out.


I fiddled with how I wanted to render the face.



I didn't like any of those ideas, so I went in a different direction and found something I like better.



This was one of those test renderings that turned out surprisingly well.


Then, I did a few pages of studies to get a sense of how other people handled little girl characters.



More test drawings. Still trying to get the face right while trying out hands and feet ideas.


And here's where I ended up. Right now, she's might be a bit too realistic. I'm going to try simplifying some of my lines and dropping a few details next. I'll keep you posted. 


So yeah, this post was a bit odd, but hopefully interesting nontheless. Things like character design are still pretty new for me, so half the time I have no idea what I'm doing. But I make it up as I go and learn along the way.


sincerely,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment