Friday, December 23, 2011

A Merry Christmas to All!!

Well, the long-anticipated and stressed-over time of the month is upon us. We'll be traveling quite a bit between Christmas and New Years, so I wanted to write a blog post of seasonal cheer before the madness starts. Sadly, I have no pictures of art to post, due to holiday preparations and such. Since my last post, I have managed do some of the things on my Christmas checklist. Jon and I have been busy watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, making batches of Christmas cookies and playing Skyrim and Skyward Sword. (Ok, so the last two aren't actually Christmas-related, but still, a good bit of festiveness going on.) It took me up till this point to get all my presents and most of my projects in order, but I think I should be set to kick back and spend time with my family. I really do love this time of year; its a good chance to be thankful for the things you have, the people you love and, of course, to remember that God was born as a tiny human so that He could eventual save us all.

In writing news, I did manage to finish a second draft of my story. It still needs lots of work, but I promised my mom she could read it over Christmas break, so hopefully it's a little more presentable now. I'm looking forward to having another test-reader; up to this point it's just been Jon and my friend Lauren. I'll be curious to see what Mom thinks of what I have so far.

And so, I bring this post to a close: A wondrous Holiday season to you all, whatever you happen to be celebrating, and may the New Year bring you much joy and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment