Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thus begins the New Year

Hooray for another year! Did everyone have a good Christmas? Mine is a little difficult to summarize in one word. My Grandpa had a minor heart attack when we were visiting and Jon, Grandma and I ended up going to the hospital at 1:30 in the morning! It was a stressful and exhausting experience, but thankfully it didn't last too long. Grandpa's doing fine now; the doctors let him go back home a day or two before New Year's. Other than that, it was a lovely vacation! Jon and I traveled all over the place; visiting various family members and enjoying holiday cheer! We read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (which, by the way, is a hilarious story that I highly recommend. It might get added to my list of Christmas traditions), ate lots of unhealthy food, played the super fun game Telestrations, watched a few episodes of the Twilight Zone, saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie (which was quite good), played video games and hung out with lots of fun peoples. However, as much as I liked all the festivities, I'm definitely happy to get things back to normalcy.

To get this brand new set of months off to a good start, I decided to try something a little more elaborate than just a list of goals. So, I created the 2012 wall.


I started with a clear section of wall space in my studio. (Well, as clear as I could get it anyway.)


Then I added all the project ideas and goals I've brainstormed so far. I also threw in the months of the year so that I can keep track of when I got certain things done.






My plan for this wall is multifaceted. I want it to be a space to store and access all the ideas that go careening around in my head. Once I've had the chance to do some of those ideas, I'll be able to track the progress I've made and the goals I've accomplished. I'm also hoping it turns into a scrapbook of 2012; a collection and documentation of all the things that happened this year.

I also started an "ideas" jar. Anything that doesn't fit or hasn't made it to the wall yet can go in here till I get a chance to sort it.



I have a feeling I'm going to need a bigger jar though. This one seems too small already!

So there you have it, my wall sized planner, calender and to do list! I'll be posting pictures of its development and expansion over the months. One of my other goals for this year is to blog more often. Not so sure how that endeavor will turn out, but I'll give it my best shot!

sincerely,
me

1 comment: