Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Watercolor tree

So, you've sort of already seen this picture, but here's a better version. 


"Winter Tree"

I was a bit apprehensive about tackling this kind of subject matter. Normally, all the meticulousness detail and ambiguous color gradients of the tree would keep me from trying something like this, but I loved the image so much that I decided to give it a shot. 

Guess it just goes to show that the risk is worth the final product. One of my goals in art is not to stick to the things I'm comfortable with, but to push myself to try new and challenging ideas. It's also nice to be able to see that your abilities have grown and improved. Knowing that something which used to give me trouble isn't so hard anymore is very rewarding.

Well, I must be getting off. I have a few things to take care of, then I'm going out to lunch with my mother-in-law. I might even go get some shoes that I've been wanting. ^_^

sincerely,
me 

No comments:

Post a Comment