Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blue and Orange

New collage!!! I finished this one awhile ago, but I didn't like the way the threads looked when I glued them down. So I flipped the grey piece of paper over and recreated the effect, this time using a different gluing method. And then I ended up changing the composition slightly. But it's done now and ready to be varnished, whenever I get around to that stage. 


The colors in this piece make me so happy! ^_^ I know they have the potential to completely kill your eyes when you look at them, but hopefully I successfully avoided that problem.

January is about half way over and so far, its been a pretty good month. I still haven't lost my "New Year's Resolution" spirit yet and I think I've don't a decent job of keeping busy. Hopefully I can keep this up as the months roll on. My 2012 Wall is still in use and I have plenty of projects in the works. I'm even trying to figure out some methods for keeping my studio cleaner! (I'll let you know how that goes. ) 

Oh, and I got a new toy! Jon gave me a netbook for Christmas, although it didn't come till last week, and  I've really enjoyed using it thus far. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to make it talk to the desktop, so I can't use it for everything yet, but that's ok. I bought the old computer game Myst and it's sequel Riven for Jon and I to play together. They're point and click style puzzle games with an extremely interesting story line. Myst has been really cool so far, although we get stuck pretty often and end up wandering around till the computer freezes and we have to stop. But still, it's been good so far.

Well, that's it for the moment. I've gotten better about posting more often, so you should be hearing from me soon!

sincerely,
me


2 comments:

  1. I loved Myst! I was just talking to the Pantos about it the other day. I never could get very far into Riven, but I hear that Myst III is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and I are really enjoying it. We just finished that horrible tunnel puzzle. (shudder) I've not heard about Myst III, but I'll have to check it out once we've finished these two.

    ReplyDelete