Friday, January 27, 2012

Sisters!

Hello world! Sorry I've been away. I really did mean to post before this, but life got in the way, as usual. The following portraits are of my sisters and part of the reason it took me so long to post was the fact that I messed up the one below and had to start over. (Yeah, that was a sad day.) But I triumphed in the end and I'm really happy with how everything turned out. So, without further ramblings, here are my sisters.


The initial sketch,


And the final! This is my sister Christina. She's the youngest of the three of us. Part of me still can't believe that she's nearly all grown up already. Admittedly, I chose a kind of tricky picture to work from; but I think the painting turned out well. She kind of looks like a fairy tale character to me.


And here is Hannah, the middle sibling. The picture I worked from was taken a few years ago when she  was extremely allergic to a lot of things, including airborne mold. In order to go out in public, she had to wear a surgical mask to keep from breathing in the mold. She's doing a lot better with her allergies now and only occasionally has to wear the mask. I really like this picture because it is a tribute to all the challenges Hannah has overcome.

I know I'm biased, but I think I have some of the most gorgeous siblings ever! 

Sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment