Friday, January 13, 2012

Art piece for Faith through the Arts festival.

Hello to you all on this freezy cold January day! As some of you may know, I've been working on a piece of art to submit to the Faith through the Arts festival, a local religious arts event. The theme for the show was "Radiant Light" and you would not believe how hard it was for me to come up with an idea! I tossed around several concepts and even made a few artistic attempts before coming up with something I was actually pleased with. And here it is.


I'm calling it "Shadow and Flame", which hopefully isn't too cheesy of a title. When I showed it to Jon, he said the piece was "risky"; but art is supposed to be risky, right? I hope so. Well, I turned in my registration form and an image of the piece this morning. Now the only thing left to do is wait and see. I should find out Feb 6th. 

sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment