Thursday, June 28, 2012

Apr-June '12 sketches

Well, I'm a fail blogger again. Its been over two week since I last wrote. I was posting pictures left and right for a while there. I've been fairly busy with other things, though. As of this point, I have three short stories in a done enough condition that I'm allowing a few people to read them (to supply critical feedback). I also have several illustration/writing projects in the brainstorming stage as well as the Pocket Universe collaborative project. So yeah; busy, busy.

On a slightly sadder note: one of our gerbils, Sheherazade, passed away about a week ago. :-( She was a most excellent little rodent and I shall miss her greatly.

It's been awhile since I posted anything from my sketchbook. With all my other endeavors going, my sketchbook has been a tad neglected. Still, there are a few things to show off.







A bowl of happy pudding


 Monocle dog!! His awesomeness can not be denied!


This is a doodle I did that ended up becoming a personification of anxiety. I imagine these little "anxiety demons" attacking people in swarms. Kind of creepy, I know, but I actually enjoy being able to personify it like this.


Like the image above, this is my doodled personification of apathy and depression. I see it as being a sluggish, sleepy creature that latches onto its victims, sucking away all their energy, motivation and joy.







Interesting monsters and creatures


Bits of downtown Allentown


sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment