Thursday, May 15, 2014

Landscape Painting Practice


As I've mentioned before, I've been working on a landscape painting for a friend of mine. Trouble is, I don't really know how to paint landscapes. So I figured, what better way to learn that to do a few practice rounds before I attempt the final piece? It seems like such an obvious course of action, but you'd be amazed at the number of times I just want to jump right into something. Or get paralyzed by lack of direction and just give up on the whole project. (I do that way more often than I'd like to admit...) Anyway, these studies have really helped me learn how to start out with the larger forms and work down to the details, (my arch enemy). Here are the first three pieces.




Jon and I especially like this winter one. ^_^ 

In other news, you might notice that my blog looks a bit different. I've been wanting to make some changes, like the web address and blog banner, for awhile now, but lacked the necessary motivation. Well, yesterday I decided to get a Twitter account, (another "some day" goal) and that gave me the kick start I needed. Over all, I'm much happier with how the blog looks now. I'll probably keep tinkering with it and possibly even venture forth into the social media world a bit more. Stay tuned for more about that later!

onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment