Thursday, May 8, 2014

May Skill Building '14: People, Animals, Objects


I'm in a bit of a rush today, but I wanted to get these skill building sketches posted. Interestingly enough, I heard it mentioned recently that some people think you should never post any of your "bad" artwork online. I have mixed feelings about this opinion. Obviously, these skill building sketches are not my finest work, but they do sometimes end up being a sizable amount of what I create over the weeks and months. Since I want this blog to be accurate to my artistic process, I've continued to feature them once a month. (And so far, none of you have complained. ;-)) Also, if you're constantly worrying about whether your art is "good enough" to post, people will get to see very little of your work. You should be careful, of course, to do your best on each piece, but as you improve, today's best won't be good enough any more. Plus, I think it's kind of cool to see people grow in their skill level. It reminds you that they're human, too. :-)











onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment