Thursday, December 4, 2014

December'14 Skill Building: Body Language


For the month of December, I decided to change up the order of my posts and have the skill building and sketchbook entries come earlier in the month. I'm working on a Christmas themed illustration and I want to give myself as much time as possible to get it done. And then, of course, the last week is of December is Christmas and I'll be taking time off from the blog for that. So yeah, on to skill building.

In these drawings, I wanted to focus just on the body language, not anatomy. Some of them turned out ok; others, not so much. Getting the pose to read as its intended emotion was really hard some times, but having body language that clearly communicates an idea is really important in illustration.





onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment