Monday, March 12, 2012

Portrait of my Grandparents

Jon and I are back from Virginia. It was really great to spend time with my family; they are totally the best! The dinner party we had for my grandparents went really well. Since my grandparent's wedding anniversary and both their birthdays are in March, we celebrated everything together. My Grandpa turned 90, my Grandma will turn 87 and they've been married for 60 years!

In honor of so many milestones, I painted this portrait of them. I've actually had it done for awhile, but decided not to post about it till after I'd given the picture to them, so it could stay a surprise.


I'm highly pleased with how it turned out!

I feel soooooo much better after having come back from this mini vacation! It feels like I'm finally out of the art doldrums and ready to start exploring some new ideas. Plus, there are two library sales going on this week! Can life get any better? I submit that it can not!!! 

sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment