Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2 year wedding anniversary and writing stuff



Yesterday was Jon and my wedding anniversary! It's been an interesting two years spent with the best husband I could ever imagine. ^_^ 

In other news, last week was a bit crazy in the writing department. Monday through Thursday was spent writing out some bits and pieces for a story I'm currently stuck on.  To more fully express what the process was like, I drew this cartoon.


Yup, that about says it. Mood swings seem to be an inseparable part of the creative process.

However Thursday, a new story idea descended upon me while I was trying to sleep. (Inspiration is apt to strike at the inconvenient times.) I was up till 2 o'clock brainstorming ideas and writing notes. On Friday, I wrote 16 pages, which is the most I've ever done in one day!

The new idea is based on a re-imagining of the Frog Prince fairy tale. That story always bothered me because the princess is an absolute brat and she still ends up with the prince! Anyway, I have great plans for taking the original story apart and turning it into something completely different. While I haven't managed to match Friday's epic page count, I am making reasonable progress.

sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment