Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm back!

I'm finally home after a weekend of camping and an unanticipated week with my parents. My mom had an emergency surgery and I decided to stay with her while she got better. (She's doing fine now, just to let you know.) Camping was loads of fun; much better than I feared it would be. We waded up a river,  ate tons of yummy campfire food and didn't get attacked by a bear! 'Twas a good time indeed.

It was also great to hang out with my mom. I think we talked about everything there is to talk about; art, dystopia, politics, family stuff, mythology and the awesomeness of Terry Pratchett. It's been a while since we've been able to just sit and discuss whatever came to mind. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, now I'm back to reality after a week and a half off. Although it was nice to get away and see friends and family, I am looking forward to getting back to work.

sincerely,
me


2 comments:

  1. glad to hear your mom's doing well now!!! and that you had fun talking with her, and on your camping trip. you are truly a brave adventurer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's pretty much back to normal now, which is good. I really did enjoy all the time off; it was nice to not have to worry about anything. Getting back to my "real" life has even been a bit challenging, but I figure that's all part of the process.

    ReplyDelete