Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Journey

Jon and I finally took the advice of our friends and played the game Journey. Wow, such an incredible experience! It's completely different from anything else I've ever played; more like an interactive art piece than a game. The visuals and music are stunning and the actual game play is fairly relaxing. (Except when you're trying to avoid large, mechanical dragon-fish.) I was so inspired, I even did a few fan art sketches! Crazy, I know.




So, if you own a PS3 and are in the market for something unique, artsy and therapeutic  Journey is the game for you!

2 comments:

  1. Yup! Journey is my favorite game ever! i enjoy that the way you communicate with other players is to chirp at them. or draw symbols in the sand and snow. I remember i had a journey companion who drew a heart in the snow at the end of our trip. good times. also, its funny how you can kinda tell the personality of the player by how they play, and that some players are all about sticking together and others are all about just getting done. i love this game. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I didn't know you could draw symbols! All we've figured out how to do is chirp at people.
    I agree; you can the personality of people based on their game play. Some are only in it to finish or get all the scarf extensions. Other people will stick with you the whole level and wait for you if you fall behind. I especially like having a companion during the snow level, because having someone else travel it with you makes it feel less depressing, even if neither of you can do much for the other.

    ReplyDelete