Friday, May 31, 2013

Leveling up!

Due to copious amounts of drawing, I've recently had a "level up" in my drawing skills. Those times are always super encouraging. You spend what seems like ages trying to draw stuff that ends up looking terrible and then suddenly, something clicks and your work gets noticeably better. It's the best!! ^_^





Because pandas doing yoga is awesome.


I'm particularly proud of the posing on this one.


I decided to doodle out what sort of character I'd be in a fantasy setting/story. Here's what I have so far.


I also did a character based on Jon. He turned out really good. 

I also did a few sketch/note combos about Jon and my characters. I'm not sure if this will become its own project or just a visual daydream, but it's been kind of fun so far.




A bunch of anime eye styles I copied/played with.


Chibis!!! FYI, chibis are the anime people with huge heads and tiny bodies. This is the first time I've played with this style that I've actually produced something I like. 



Chibi Jon is so cute! ^_^

The other neat thing about these sketches is that they're all fun things. With art my main "career" focus, I forget to draw things I actually enjoy. I'm not naturally good at fan art or stuff of that inclination, so it's usually more frustrating than fun for me to draw. But, I think I'm (finally) getting good enough to explore art styles and subject matter outside the realistic jig. 


sincerely,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment