Thursday, October 2, 2014

Art from My Trip to the Beach


Well, here I am; back from the beach! Our trip was...not as smooth as we would have liked. Adversity took the form of cloudy weather, robust winds, an upset stomach, and an enthusiastic mosquito population. But, with determination, fortitude, and a fair amount of bug spray, we persevered through it all and manged to enjoy ourselves despite the circumstances! That being said, it's good to be back home again. It really is the best of places. ^_^

Since the weather was less than favorable, I couldn't paint outside like I had planned. However, I did manage to take a sketchbook out with me and do a few rough sketches, which I later inked and colored. I also did some indoor studies; one oil landscape of the view out one of our windows and two watercolor sea shell paintings. 









onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment