Thursday, October 16, 2014

Inktober Creatures


For the past 16 days, I've been participating in an art challenge called Inktober. For each day of the month of October, you draw something in pencil and ink, then share it on the Internet under the hashtag #inktober. The great Jake Parker (you can check out his work at http://mrjakeparker.tumblr.com/) started this challenge back in 2009 and it's been building momentum ever since.

Since this is my first time doing Inktober, I decided to go with the manageable "theme" of creatures/monsters. Although I was slightly terrified at the beginning, I've really enjoyed this challenge so far. Some of my creatures are better than others, but it's been really fun inventing some new, weird combo each day. Since I've been posting my drawings on Twitter, I thought it would be good to gather up everything I've done so far and share it on the blog. So, there you have it; all my Inktober creatures, part 1. I'll post the other half of them in a few weeks, once October is over.



a sleep deprived ghostie (I really like this one! ^_^)


The rabbit donkey


The bristle-tailed fox ferret (which, by total accident, looks a lot like a pokémon)


The stick legged bird


The fearsome hoppasaurous (my attempt at drawing something scary)


The swan mantis (it turned out so well!! ^_^)


The Blue Finned Whisker Fish


The black banned wolf snake


The pink jellypus


The Lesser Gator Shrimp


The Big Horned Blip


The Angler Frog Fish (love this one, too.)


The Stripped Bugbear (which is an actual term that I reinterpreted.)


The White Faced Rat Monkey (which totally sounds like an insult.)


The Cheshire Bat


The Sunfire Chicken



onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment