Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bear and Fox Rorschach painting


Welcome to 2015, everyone! It is very cold in my part of the world and I'm currently waiting for a repair man to come take a look at the water dripping from my kitchen ceiling, so please pardon me if I seem a bit distracted. :-/

Anyway, this piece is pretty cool. Maybe not as fully awesome as it could be, but I give it a B- for effort. And, for something that originated as leftover paint from another project that I turned into a blot painting, it exceeded my non existent expectations. 


Normally, I'm not very good at seeing cool stuff in Rorschach tests. (They all look like pelvic bones to me.) But this design just sort of, emerged, and I loosely inked it in. To further distinguish the bear and fox from the rest of the paint, I scanned the image in Photoshop and toned down the background a bit. I probably could have tweaked it more, but I decided it was good enough for now.

So yeah, first project of the year!! Hopefully, there are many more, even cooler ones to follow.

(Also, since starting this blog post, the repair man came, fixed the leak, and will bring a replacement ceiling tile soon. Yay!! ^_^)


onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment