Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Watercolor, mixed media, etc.

Well, its been about a week since my last post, so I should probably put some more stuff up. Here are some studies/experiments with watercolor mostly. 


This one is base on some eye shadow ads. I love painting eyes.







This project was inspired by a bunch of left over thread from some sewing projects. (Probably should have pitched the threads, but that's aside the point.) I wanted to see if I could do something more abstract and this is where I ended up. Not sure if this is an area I'll end up developing, but it was fun to play around with something different. 



These are some sketches and studies of a creature called a pangolin in preparation for a larger project. I'll be posting about that little adventure soon. 






Like I said, love painting eye make-up. 


A few gesture drawing of our gerbils. I should really do some more of them sometime, but the little ladies are so fast that they're kind of tricky to draw. 

Most of this stuff is a few months old, but I wanted to get it up here before I start adding new art. I have a few projects going and hopefully they'll be ready to show soon. I'm also in the process of clean/reorganizing my studio, so I'm trying not to work on too many things till that's finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment