Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Painting endeavors

Remember how I said I got water mixable oil paints for my birthday? Well, I figured I'd better post some of my "attempts" so that you wouldn't start suspecting me of falsehood. Bear in mind, I have two years of oil painting rust to work through before I render anything remotely decent, but in the spirit of documentation, I'm sharing these early studies. Please don't judge them too harshly.





This one's my favorite; I might even try and develop it a bit more. I think it's a whale shark. (Also, apologies if you happen to be afraid of sharks. Or whales.)


It's not my finest work, but we all have to start somewhere. Hopefully the next set of pictures look nicer.

sincerely,
me

2 comments:

  1. ooh, those paints really do create an interesting look... me like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm still getting used to them, but they have a lot of promise, especially since real oil paints are out of the question at this point.

    ReplyDelete