Thursday, March 17, 2016

100 in 10 challenge: Landscapes and Lighting

Over the past few weeks, I participated in a 100 in 10 challenge through one of the forums at the Oatley Academy. (I mentioned them last week, they're awesome!) The idea is to draw 100 of something over the course of 10 days in order to get better at it. I chose to do 50 landscapes and 50 lighting scenarios in small, medium, and large sizes. It was a pretty grueling challenge, even though I ended up taking the weekends off for a break. Last Friday was my final day, so I thought I'd share some of the less terrible studies here. 









My biggest area of growth in this project was becoming less afraid of tackling challenging landscape or lighting set ups. My confidence grew a little as I learned how to break down an image and "reassemble it" in a comprehensible way in my studies. I wouldn't say I'm the greatest at either landscapes or lighting, but I am a little less intimidated at the thought of drawing them.

onward and up ward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment