Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Character design studies: Little Crocagator

I've been doing a lot of story development lately, so I thought it would be fun to show some studies for a character I'm working on. He's a little Crocagator (Jon made up the word; it refers to anything resembling a Crocodile or Alligator). This character needs to be both cute and a bit mischievous/dangerous looking, which is a hard balance to strike.

I started off with some character doodles, got frustrated and did some reference studies, then went back to character doodles. 





I still have a ways to go with this character, but the process of getting to that final design is just as interesting as the final product. (Or so I keep telling myself to fend off frustration and impatience! ;-))

Onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment