Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Portrait of Hannah and Evelyn

Another project I finished before going on art break was a small watercolor portrait of my sister Hannah and her baby Evelyn for Hannah's birthday. It was a spur of the moment thing and compared to how long the "Phoenix Warrior" painting took, this one was a snap. It actually felt great to finish something I liked in such a short bit of time!

Anyway, on to the artwork.

I worked off of a photo of Hannah and Evelyn I really liked (one of the reasons why this painting came together so quickly). I made a few minor changes from the original photo while sketching it out, so that it would translate better as a painting. And, of course, I forgot to take picture of the sketch stage. Again. =_= Here it is after being inked.


To keep it simple, I decided to just use shades of brown, rather than full color. I also think that helped give it a simplified, classic look. 



After that, I bought a frame for it and sent it on it's way. I really, really love how it turned out (which feels rare, unfortunately) and Hannah loved it, too! ^_^

onward and upward,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment