Thursday, September 5, 2013

Digital art: Hipster Lightbulb

Ok, so awhile back, I did this doodle and feel in love with it. (There's something about the hipster culture I find amusing and a bit endearing.) I've been working on putting together a legit portfolio to give my work a bit more direction and this piece seemed like a good candidate for that project. It also gave me a chance to try my hand at producing a digital piece with a bit more polish. So, here is the original doodle...


...and here is the final product! 


I am super, duper, uber happy with it! ^_^  I still haven't figured out what I want to do about my signature, but that's something I'll probably keep playing around with. Anyway, here is Hipster Lightbulb, ready to take on the world. Or at least, the parts that aren't mainstream. 

sincerely,
Beth

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm a little surprised that it turned out this good, especially considering my lack of digital art making experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super awesome! i love it! i love how your illustration style is developing. Keep up the awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lauren! I shall endeavor to do so.

    ReplyDelete