Thursday, January 2, 2014

Portrait of Dresden and Calvin


Hello everyone! Welcome to January! I hope all of you had a good holiday break. Mine was busy, but with some very low key moments, for which I am extremely grateful. I got to spend time with family members, eat lots of good food, and took a few days to just relax. 

Right before Christmas kicked off, I finished up a portrait of my friend Dresden and her son. It was my gift to her and I will say straight up, it was one of the hardest paintings I've every done. Like, "feeling like I was back in art school, learning how to paint" hard. I actually had to scrap the first attempted because I hated it. But, through perseverance and prayer, I finished the painting off and both Dresden and I are pleased with how it turned out. Here are some photos of my process. 
















sincerely,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment