Thursday, July 10, 2014

July Skill Building: Hair, Poses, Hands, and....Perspective!!


Here's some stuff from the secong half of last month's skill building challenge. 













After I finished my skill building challenge, I vowed I would work on that dreaded and most mathematically of art disciplines; perspective. Needless to say, the road to mastering perspective has been fraught with difficulty. I spent hours drawing lots of boxes in 1, 2, and 3 pt perspective on large pieces of paper. (In my non air conditioned kitchen with pencils that kept breaking, I might add.) However, at long last, I'm beginning to see some improvement. I can now draw piles of boxes in perspective without the use of a ruler!! I still have a ways to go before I reach my goal of completing 100 perspective exercises, but at least I can see my skill levels increasing. 



onward and upward,
Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment