Thursday, March 5, 2015

More Fae portraits

Sorry this post is a little late; there was much shoveling of snow today. O.o Anyway, I took the fox fae girl sketch from a few weeks ago and painted it in Photoshop. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. In fact, it might be the best thing I've painted in Photoshop up to this point! 


After fox girl turned out so well, I decided to try a deer fae portrait. That turned out to be more complicated than I anticipated. I drew the first version, tried painting it in Photoshop, hated it and scrapped the picture. I drew the second version, tried to paint it in Photoshop, hated how the painting looked, and scrapped that picture too. I was going to repaint it a third time, but the week got too busy, so I'm just going to post the sketch with and an "I.O.U a proper paint job" note along with it. Also, my deer fae person is a little more gender neutral than I'd intended. I was trying to make it a guy, but the features didn't come out masculine enough. I still think it's a good portrait, though; much better than my first one.





onward and upward,
Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment