Saturday, June 2, 2012

A weekend update

Just wanted to post a quick update on how the weekend went. Turned my work in for the art show on Thursday. God was extremely merciful to me because I felt completely calm and unanxious the entire time! After that, I helped paint at my church. We painted grass along the nursery walls and a large elephant, whom we named Harold, on the wall of the 3 and 4 year old room. I should totally have taken pictures to show you all, but of course I forgot.

Today, I found out that one of my pieces (the collage I did on the back of the canvas) wasn't accepted to the art show and had to go pick it up. Although I'm a tad disappointed, I can't say I'm that shocked that it didn't make it in; it was a risky project to enter. But that's what making art is all about, experimenting with new and possibly unpopular ideas. I still plan on working with the concept.

So there you have it, my weekend. On a whole, it was much better than I'd anticipated.

sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment