Thursday, August 15, 2013

Skill building: Animals and Faces

I've started a new habit of drawing rough sketches for an hour every day before I get to my other artwork. I pick a new topic every week, put on a podcast or an audio book and draw for awhile. So far, I've seen quite a bit of improvement so far and it's been a stretching experience for me to draw things I'm not stellar at. Here are a few from when I was drawing animals and faces. 











Having this new routine has also helped my work feel more consistent. I know that, regardless of how I'm feeling, I can get in a hour of drawing and the day will still be productive. This habit, plus better planning has helped doing my art feel more like actual work, which sounds weird, but is something I've wanted for awhile. 

sincerely,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment