Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sketches May-July '13


It has been ages since I did a sketchbook related post. I'm going to start doing one at the end of every month, but for now, I want to get caught up on May through July. 





I decided to start adding more color to my sketches, mostly using marker.



I really like how simple and graphic this one is. The color really added to it, too. 


This sketch part observation, part reconstructed memory. I based it off of a baby at church. He reminds me of a small, angry bird. ^_^





This one is watercolor, actually. It's kind of different, but fun.




I did loads of cloud sketches over the past few months. Unfortunately, I need to learn how to sketch a little darker, because light, wispy pencil lines don't scan well. Sorry about that. 






On these two, I added china marker after the fact for a bit of emphasis. 


I really wish I'd gotten a better look at this guy, because his mustache was AWESOME and I would have loved to draw it in more detail.




Geese in a lake, drawn over red tea stains; china marker added later. 

I've been trying to get more experimental with my sketchbooks; trying new media, adding actual objects to the pages, stuff like that. Most of the time, it doesn't look as cool as I envision it looking. But I'll get the hang of it and then my sketchbooks will be a truly mix media, which is something I've wanted to do.

sincerely,
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment