Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crayon painting = melted happiness

Got something a bit funtastic for today. Are you excited? You should be. Feast your eyes upon this creation of joy inducing, color overload!!!!












I don't know about you, but  for me, seeing all the colors of the spectrum together invokes irrepressible happiness. It's either the artistic part of me, or the part that never grew up. Or maybe both. ^_^

Anyway, this is the project I did in art class this week and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. It was fairly simple, although it does require some patience. Basically, you hot glue some crayons to a canvas, (use Crayola, they work the best) and blast them with a hair dryer set to Hot on High. I first saw the idea when someone posted this link on facebook.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1zQ541/megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/2011/08/you-knew-i-was-going-to-make-one.html

Of course, when this lady did it, her crayons dripped in nice, neat lines. Mine got blown all over the place by the hair dryer, but that's ok. Life is messy sometimes.


sincerely,
me

2 comments:

  1. I actually think it looks better all splattery and non-linear the way it turned out for you.

    ReplyDelete