Friday, February 17, 2012

Film Festival Fridays: Hammock: Breathturn

It's Friday once again and I have a new short film to share with you. This one is called Hammock: Breathturn and I must confess, I don't really know much about who made it. 



Part of what I love about this film are the paper cranes. Paper cranes have had special significance for me ever since my senior year of college. In preparation for my senior show, I wanted to doing a performance art piece that would encompass the whole student body. So, I ended up sending each student a paper crane through the campus mail. This ment folding 3,000+ paper cranes, which was a huge undertaking, but I did mange to achieve it, with plenty of help from family and friends. The project was, I believe, successful, although I'm not sure how many people "got" it or if it had any lasting impact. However, that is kind of the nature of performance art. 

You'd think that after folding a bajillion paper cranes by hand that I would be sick of them, but surprisingly enough, I'm not. In fact, I hung some from my kitchen ceiling to add a bit of color. Also, I very much want to recreate the scene were the boy hangs all the cranes in the ally way. So beautiful. 


sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment