Thursday, February 16, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things

I mentioned last night that I've been in a bit of a funk lately. (The talk with God went well, btw.) However, there have been a lot of good things that have been happening. This post is devoted to the "favorite things"  in my life life at the moment. That may seem narcissistic, but sometimes making your life look pretty can improve your perspective on the world. I generally feel more ready to face the day if I'm wearing something I really like. This is along the same lines, only on a more "lifestyle" scale.

So, here are a few of my favorite things.

Valentine's day dinner: homemade sushi!!!! (we also had fancy cheese the next day, but I didn't take a picture of that.)



What I wore a few days ago. Like I said, confidence in your outfit can improve your outlook on life.




Skirt/dress: probably about $20 from a store at a mall called Strawberry
Blouse: snitched from my mom. (Half of my awesome clothes, especially the stuff considered "vintage" used to be my mom's.)
Hair ribbon: Bed, Bath and Beyond. I got a gift from there and loved the pretty purple ribbon they used. It's an excellent hair accessory.
Decorative Bobby pins: present (probably from the drug store.)
Shoes: Minnetonka moccasins. These were a tad pricey, (at least for me) but soooo worth it in the end.


The studio: Ok, so here's a part of my life that isn't too pretty. The studio is always messy and I'm always picking it up. It's become a part of my routine, but oddly enough, it's also something I've grown fond of.



Hearts: Confession time, I'm not really a "heart" person. However, I really liked how these turned out. I used leftover paper I'd covered in charcoal and wrote on it with a white pencil. I think they look super cute!




Sea inspired chocolate: These were prettier than they tasted, so I took pictures instead of eating them. (Don't worry, I got plenty of chocolate for Valentine's day.)






Reading books: I've been on a read roll; I finished 4 books in less than two weeks! (My secret is reading lots of children's books, which are generally shorter.) Here are their titles; Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu; The Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl (different from the movie, but both are highly amusing); The Gawgon and the Boy by Lloyd Alexander and A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. A Monster Calls was my favorite of the batch. It was defiantly a heavy, dark story, but I really admired the way it used fantastical elements to face real world problems like death and loss. That is a quality I want to incorporate into my own writing. 


Orchids: Orchids amuse me; they're such peculiar looking plants. 







Pitch and Purge: I've been cleaning and getting rid of stuff lately. Due to my pack-ratting nature, this is sometimes hard to do, but it always feels good to get rid of stuff that was just sitting around, taking up space. I also organized my jewelry so I'll be able to see what pieces match with what. I pinned crocheted snowflakes to the wall to act as earring holders. The system has worked well thus far.





Speaking of earrings, here is my current favorite pair. I got them at the thrift store for $2. Aren't they so quirky? 



And here are my current favorite pair of shoes. These moccasins are totally the best ever. They fit with either socks or bare feet and never get uncomfortable. They are everything shoes are supposed to be. 



Collaborative Projects: As I've mentioned, I haven't got a whole lot of things I would consider my "work" going. However, I have been spending a good deal of time working with my closest friends on a collaborative writing/adventure project that will probably end up resembling a pen and paper RPG and the script of a tv show. It's been so much fun to share creative ideas, develop characters and story lines and figure out how to actually write. We're only in the beginning stages, but this is already turning into a project of epic proportions.

That's my life, or at least some of my favorite things in it. ^_^

sincerely,
me

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously in awe of the jewlery tree..... it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I've had the jewelry tree for awhile now. Jon made it for me because all the sticky hooks I was hanging my necklaces on kept falling off the walls. This system as worked well so far though.

    ReplyDelete