Monday, February 6, 2012

The last of my old skecthbook

I finished off the last pages of my sketchbook the other day and wanted to show you some of my favorites.

This one happened almost entirely by accident. I didn't like what I was doodling, so I just started scribbling lines over my page; drawings and all. It was so therapeutic that I keep going until Jon told me not to use up all the lead in my pencil. It's definitely not something normally considered "artistic", but for some odd reason, I liked how it turned out.


This is another slightly odd sketch. I looked down at a book with a man on the cover that happened to be upside down and decided to do a semi-blind contour drawing of what I was looking at.


This is a light hanging in front of a row of windows in a church. 




This one might be a wee bit difficult to follow, but it's a quick gesture/texturing sketch of a landscape I was looking at.


Two lawn ornament angels. I've noticed myself incorporating a lot of lawn sculpture subject matter into my work as of late. 


Another rough landscape of houses. I've been trying my hand at doing some architecture and landscaping recently, two things I used to find boring and avoid.





As the note says, it's a still life of things I had on hand in my purse.


Another church sketch. Modern, protestant churches always seem to have a clean, geometric look.


Ok, this sketch merits an explanation. I went out to take subject matter pictures and when I came back, it occurred to me that I probably looked like some weird, hobo girl. So, I came up with an entire character based on my horrible outfit, all the way down to the hub cap I found while I was out and carried back home. (I figure it's my equivalent to Captain America's shield.) 



The darkened faces started out kind of as a reflection of the silhouettes I was seeing and ended up turning into an unique way to represent mass. I'm quite pleased with the blind contour drawing as well.



Because I like foxes and cupcakes!!!! ^_^

sincerely,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment